Discover the best WordPress themes for authors in our roundup.
Whether you’re a writer, a blogger, or an author of a published book, a website can be very beneficial. Here’s what you can do with your website:
- Showcase your writing
- Sell your book online
- Reach new audiences
And that’s not all! As a writer, you can showcase your type of writing and create a community of fans or other writers. An author WordPress theme makes it all possible. You can create a fully-fledged website without writing a single line of code.
In this article, we have hand-picked the 10 best WordPress themes for authors, writers, and bloggers. There’s sure to be one here you’ll love!
Features To Look Out for in a WordPress Author Theme
With a quality WordPress theme, you get a great design, an SEO-friendly website, and lots of customization features.
Your ideal theme should include:
- A responsive design that suits your brand or persona
- eCommerce compatibility to sell your writing online
- Robust customization options so you can personalize each page
- Compatibility with plugins to integrate or enhance specific features
- Page load speed so you don’t keep visitors waiting
We also recommend looking for a theme that offers pre-built layouts for core pages (about, contact, blog, and any product pages you might need).
10 Best WordPress Themes for Writers and Authors
Each of these themes give you the flexibility to tweak the design and give personality to your website. All themes in this list have been chosen because they deliver the features we look for!
Astra is the most popular WordPress theme in the world with over 1.5 million active installations. It comes with tons of features and is endlessly customizable. It is perfect for your author website!
With Astra, you can build a header and footer with a drag-and-drop interface, choose multiple layouts, create mega menus, and select from hundreds of fonts and colors. The theme is optimized for SureCart and WooCommerce, making it ideal for building a store or creating an exclusive community.
- 240+ professionally designed templates, including 20+ for authors and writers templates
- Supports page builders like the WordPress block editor, Spectra, Elementor, and Beaver Builder
- Add sections for books, a contact form, a blog, and other essential pages
- Easy integration with SureCart, WooCommerce and other popular WordPress plugins
- Custom fonts and colors to personalize your design
- Choose from grid, masonry, and other layouts
- Blazing fast speed
Astra is a completely free theme and offers dozens of free templates. Premium versions cost from $47 per year and add lots of building tools and access to premium Starter Templates.
Divi is one of the most well-known WordPress themes as well as a page builder. It is very flexible and can be used to create any kind of website.
The theme comes with over 2,000 page layouts, several which are aimed at writers and authors. Divi comes with Divi Builder, a page builder that allows you to create your desired layout with an easy drag and drop interface. The theme is responsive and offers great compatibility with WordPress plugins, making it ideal for building websites.
- Offers 2,000 page layouts for a wide range of websites
- Author pages for books, case studies, landing pages, pricing pages, and more
- Pre-built templates for authors, writers, bloggers and journalists
- Compatibility with WooCommerce and other plugins
- Responsive design
Divi is a premium theme and costs $89 per year or $249 for a lifetime license.
Ultra is a premium WordPress theme offering multiple demos that might just fit your needs and budget! The theme offers professionally designed templates with slick layouts, transitional effects, and great design. You can tweak the theme to easily build your author website, making it a great choice.
Ultra offers an easy drag-and-drop interface to help you customize and personalize your website. It offers a wide range of templates, customization options, fonts, and colors too.
It is an excellent option for writers and authors open to playing around with changes. The demos are attractive, and the theme has all the necessary tools to help you build your website.
- Appealing writer demo templates
- Wide variety of customization options
- Mobile friendly design
- Includes Image Pro plugin
- eCommerce compatibility
Ultra is a premium theme costing $59 per year.
Neve is a good-looking theme compatible with multiple page builders like the WordPress block editor and Elementor. The theme is lightweight and allows you to create websites with ease.
With over 80 professionally designed starter sites, you can easily select, tweak and customize your site to your particular needs. Neve is SEO-friendly and has great compatibility with WooCommerce and other WordPress plugins. If you’re thinking of selecting a theme that is mobile-first, Neve is one of the best options.
- Create, design, and customize your website with an easy drag-and-drop interface
- Create headers and footers on your website
- 80+ professionally designed starter sites
- Integrates with WordPress block editor, Elementor, and Brizy
- eCommerce friendly
Neve has a free and paid version. The premium option ranges from $81 to $306 per year, including extra features, support, updates, and boosters for page builders like Elementor.
Hestia is a beautiful one-page theme perfect for any type of business. The theme offers high performance along with a great user experience. It offers modern material design with WooCommerce and page builder compatibility. You can select from several starter sites, import them and start customizing them in minutes!
Hestia provides full control using the customizer and offers you the full flexibility of personalizing your website. It is compatible with several page builders like the block editor, Elementor, Beaver Builder, and Brizy. Its enhanced compatibility with WooCommerce and stunning store design allows you to sell your books directly from your website if you want to.
- Modern flat responsive design for authors
- Pre-built demo templates for any website
- Compatibility with page builders and WooCommerce
- Tons of customization options
- Makes great use of simple and complex page elements
Hestia has a free and paid version. The premium version is available for $69 per year.
6. Magazine Pro
With Magazine Pro, building your writer’s website can be quick and simple. The theme offers versatile layouts, media-ready designs, and a stylish feel that speaks volumes. It is a responsive theme optimized for every browser, device, and screen size.
Getting started with Magazine Pro is easy. Simply load the demo content with the one-click theme setup, customize it with the flexible block editor and your website is ready!
The theme is pre-styled for WooCommerce allowing you to set up your online store. It offers features that are out of the box and help you do more with your creativity and ideas.
Magazine Pro Features
- Built on the powerful Genesis Framework
- Supports WordPress block editor
- Includes theme customizer to manage all the aspects of design
- Responsive and SEO friendly
- Tons of customization options
Magazine Pro has a free and a premium version. The premium version comes with a Genesis Pro package costing $360 per year.
Newspaper is one of the top-selling WordPress themes on ThemeForest. It offers hundreds of layouts to suit most website types including for writers, authors, bloggers and journalists. Newspaper is responsive, fast, SEO compatible, is optimized with clean code, and offers all the performance you need.
The theme comes with tagDiv page builder – the developer’s own page builder. It offers a huge range of page elements such as content blocks, ad blocks and image blocks to name just a few. Newspaper provides the ability to customize every part of the page and change individual colors, fonts, and a lot more.
- Specific designed pre-built templates for authors and writers
- Includes very flexible tagDiv page builder
- Offers a huge selection of page elements
- Professionally designed demo sites
- Compatible with WooCommerce
Newspaper is a premium WordPress blogger theme costing $59 per year for a single site license.
Sydney is a professional theme that helps you create your website your way. The theme offers elegant websites that are easy to customize and delivers the speed visitors demand. It offers an extensive library of blocks, fonts, colors, headers, and footers to help you build a beautiful writing website for yourself or your clients.
The theme has seamless integration with WooCommerce, page builders, and other WordPress plugins. It is lightweight and optimized for search engines to help your site have better visibility, more traffic and greater conversion.
- Different header presets, customizable for desktop and mobile devices
- Several beautiful color palettes to choose from
- Modify site-wide fonts to match your brand
- Customize the layout of your website with intuitive layout presets
- Compatibility with popular plugins including WooCommerce
Sydney offers both free and paid versions. The premium version is available for $69 per year.
Float is a beautiful WordPress theme built by Themify centered with a parallax design. The design technique is used by many sites, creating a 3D effect when you scroll through the page.
It also has a unique zig-zag layout designed to match the parallax feature. Float offers 11 pre-designed demos available in a single click. If you’re thinking of creating a parallax sales page for your books, Float is a great choice.
- Create a stunning website with a parallax effect
- Responsive and mobile friendly
- Multiple layout design options: header layouts, transparent header, and menu styles
- Option to display images in a portfolio with a masonry layout
- WooCommerce compatibility
Float is a premium theme costing $59 per year.
Writee is a minimal WordPress theme for authors. It has multiple templates to select from. Depending upon your particular niche, you can select a demo that best fits!
The theme allows you to customize the favicon, logo, background image, sliders, and every site element. Writee is compatible with WooCommerce and other popular page builders and plugins so you should find it easy to build whatever you decide looks best.
- 10+ professionally designed demo templates
- Post slider with 10+ variations
- Social media sharing options
- Extensive design and font customization options
- WooCommerce compatible
Writee has a free and paid version. The paid version is available for $39 per year.
The Final Word on Best WordPress Themes for Authors
Whether you’re a guest blogger, author, writer or journalist, this list of WordPress themes for authors should more than fit your needs! Each looks and feels slightly different and will have the option to make it unique. Use a template to keep it simple or build your own with a drag-and-drop page builder, it’s easy to express your creativity even if you don’t know much about websites.