From blogs to articles and social media posts, short-form content is in demand and popular.
But sometimes, short form doesn’t work.
Whether you study and have to complete an essay or try to write a book, writing long-form content is a challenge on its own.
”What is so challenging about it?”, you may ask.
- Far from every writer can create 2,000-word content, compelling and insightful to read.
- Many platforms prefer posting short-form content as it’s ideal for striking the audience and generating more organic traffic in a short period of time. It’s quite difficult for long-form content to strike a reader at once.
- Long-term content will not serve your purposes if not executed properly.
- It’s challenging to write high-quality content all the time, maintaining it and not disappointing readers.
- Long-term content has to be resplendent to overcome our shortened attention spans.
- It has to do its best to keep readers’ attention for more than 10-20 seconds, making them stay and continue reading the article. Such content works better for Google: the longer you stay at a website, the better its ratings are.
You might be a good writer. Or even a brilliant one.
But it might happen you don’t take into consideration psychological aspects of tackling a large project, making long-form content one of the greatest writing challenges you will ever face.